Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This Week on Hoarders...

Oh boy...unpacking day.  I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in all of my friends and family who have been through this before, who seemed to conveniently forget to tell us that the worst part of any corporate move is 'Unpacking Day'.  As you can see below, today our house felt like we were in an episode of Hoarders.  This episode would be titled "Too Much Stuff for Just One Kitchen".


The movers couldn't finish unpacking all of the boxes because they said "we don't have anymore empty space to put stuff".

This is the upstairs guest bedroom...doesn't it just scream "come visit".  Don't worry - at this rate we'll have it all set up for you by tomorrow morning.


This is the front part of our upstairs bonus room.You can see that my bachelor pad furniture - including the chouch, chair, and coffee table, still lives.  No matter how hard she tries Nicki just can't get rid of it.


Most likely the problem started with the fact that Nicki let me manage the unpacking process - clearly a big mistake.  The unpackers ripped through about 150 boxes in less than two hours - and the results can be seen below.  It appeared as if they had somewhere very important to be - and this was not the place.

I then had to venture to the office for the afternoon and Nicki was left with a house full of stuff with no home.  I arrived home tonight to find that she had worked through the entire downstairs even to the point we were able to eat dinner at home for the first time.  What was on the menu you ask?  Well, I figured nothing says "getting to know Arkansas" than making a Skyline 3-way and listening to the Reds on the internet.

So as I sit here writing this I am watching Nicki amazingly configure the kitchen cabinets to fit all of our belongings (I'm also getting the vibe I should probably get up and provide a little moral support).

As a brief aside - it should be noted Jack ventured in to our 'neighborhood' to meet the neighbors today.  I received a frantic call at work today explaining that while he has a wonderful fenced in yard, today he decided to work his way through an unlocked gate (again that may have been my fault) and Nicki found him across the street talking with the neighbors.  Nothing says "hi neighbor" like a dog peeing in your front yard.

Go Reds!

2 comments:

  1. awesome blogging .... you rock! So good to see your place and thank goodness for Nicki...
    Love you guys!
    The Hardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we there to help!! I love your house!!

    ReplyDelete