Friday, April 8, 2011

First Friday in Fayetteville

It's our First Friday in Fayetteville and all is well.  Nicki and I both had great days at work - and more importantly Nicki made it safely back from Little Rock after 6 hours of driving in one day.

To make it better we had a familiar friend to hang out with at Sassy's.  It was our first experience of being able to walk to and from a restaurant - and the 70 degree weather made for a perfect relaxing night after a long week.

All in all, just an awesome first week in Fayetteville.  We know we have the support of our friends and family in Cincinnati, and the opportunities in front of us abound.

I thought I would add a couple of pictures of the house and our first Friday - but at this point it is time for bed.  Actually, I may be past due - Nicki is already in bed, and I'm up just listening to the Reds play the Diamondbacks.

Big day tomorrow - lots of 'house work' - which I was made to understand would end when we decided to rent.  And then we are headed off to our first University of Arkansas baseball game - they are playing the #17 ranked (and arch-rival LSU Tigers).  We are headed to a place in the stadium called the "Hog Pen" - where you bring your own food to grill - a blanket, and your own drinks.  Based on the 'college' crowd we saw at Sassy's tonight - we could be in for an interesting night.

Oh - and it is worth noting we tried to be 'cool' and ask our college server tonight what was going on on-campus...and apparently it is Roe Week - a huge Greek festival where all fraternities/sororities have parties and hold concerts.  When I asked for a beer I tried to be cool and say "we are just pre-gaming for Roe week"...she looked at me with discernment and said "pre-what?"  I guess I just don't have it anymore....


This is a picture of the garden stone our wonderful neighbors gave us.  It is awesome!  It now holds a place on our deck where we can see it - we miss them already.

Nicki took a well deserving break to enjoy a drink and dinner after a full day of organizing the house yesterday.  It doesn't show here but we have a distant view of 'Old Main'.  It is the first building built on the Arkansas campus.  It has two twin spires - the one that faces north is considerably taller - because it was built by a northerner...


The door is the front door - and the kitchen table is just about all set-up.  Ready for some visitors!


The 'sitting area' on the first floor is also almost set...although I'm thinking we should probably replace the sailboat with a good sized tv (if we ever get cable).

This is the upstairs bonus room - it's just about all set to watch a thrilling Sunday at the Masters...or stream a Reds game.


Jack was just a bit tired from a long day of helping Nicki get organized...and running around his brand new fenced in yard.

First Friday in Fayetteville!  Sassy's is about a block from our house and has great food, a great patio, and a lot of college kids showing fake ids.


Matt Wormer has been our saving grace thus far.  He has been in Fayetteville for a year and is in the process of showing us around - tomorrow night he is showing us the Hog Pen at Baum Stadium.


Sassy's at night - the college kids were showing up as we were heading home...



As they say in the south "Y'all come see us now...y'hear".

3 comments:

  1. Hey Spichers, love the new blog! Enjoy your adventures in Arkansas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new house! Where is Mercedes room??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to pre-game for Roe week...

    ReplyDelete