Well we're almost there - tonight actually felt like home. Well, kind of. Nicki spent the entire day unpacking and organizing - which led to me getting to play my favorite game when I got home from work. The game is titled "Guess how many drawers I will open before I find what I'm looking for". You can play at home too. It goes like this: Nicki says "can you get the cookie sheet out for me" and I say "4" and she says "3". And then I go around opening drawers trying to guess where the heck the cookie sheet might be. Trust me - it is riveting.
In all honesty, I simply am genuinely amazed at what she has accomplished in just about two days since our house was unpacked. Everything has a spot, and all of the spots make sense.
As we sat here tonight we took some time to stop and just think about the adventure ahead of us - and what the last week of our lives has been like. What a crazy week, and one to remember. One of the reasons which factored in to the decision to accept this move was because we truly felt it would bring us even closer together and be a great testament to our marriage - and one week in I believe that is already true. Oddly enough it has been the nights without tv that have allowed us to calm down from the hectic days and just talk to each other.
It is a big day for both of us work wise tomorrow as Nicki has her first day on the job. She has to drive 3 hours to Little Rock and back in the same day - but she is excited to meet her new teammates and begin fostering the type of awesome relationships she had with her team in Cincinnati.
So feel free to give Nicki a call as she will have six hours of time to pass in the car.
Pictures are forthcoming - unfortunately we are operating on Nicki's 'myfi' which runs at a pace similar to when you were trying to connect to AOL in 1998.
Reds 5-1.
No comments:
Post a Comment