Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Movin' On Up...Or In

Life in Fayetteville has begun, with very little time to realize what we left behind.  At this point it feels like we're on vacation - we eat out for every meal, we are living out of a suitcase, we have no tv and internet, and the weather is always sunny and 70 (that is probably a bit of an overstatement).

The movers arrived today - Nicki, in true form, was a bit overwhelmed at first by how we were going to have all the boxes unpacked, furniture arranged, and apparently host a party by 8 p.m.  By the time I got home from work she had the bedroom, the downstairs, and the upstairs almost completely set-up (except for the hundreds of boxes all over the house).




And of course I couldn't be considered a good husband if I didn't buy Nicki beautiful flowers for her first day in the new house.  Okay...so maybe her parents sent the flowers to us...but they made her so happy I have been trying to take credit for them since they arrived.


 Most importantly, the grill, and all the deck chairs made it, which will be very important in relaxing in the evenings.  After spending the night arranging and rearranging, we stumbled upon a restaurant not more than two blocks from us with an awesome outdoor patio, great food, and some enticing drink specials.



All of that said - each night we find ourselves talking about how much we miss our friends and family in Cincinnati.  You know, it seems absence makes the heart grow fonder (man I could probably coin that phrase - it's pretty catchy).

And life presses on - the movers come back to unpack tomorrow - so hopefully by tomorrow night we'll have a somewhat organized house!

As a last point of reference - the Reds are 4-0 since I left Cincinnati.  I don't know that I truly wrapped my head around the significant increase in the success of Cincinnati sports teams now that I am gone.  While driving around tonight we even caught the sounds of Marty Brenneman on 700 WLW - but it wasn't long before the signal got scratchy and Nicki stopped enjoying the dulcet sound of radio static at volume 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment