4 Months Old...
So we missed THE picture. The one with the 4 month sticker on the white onesie, a matching bow in her hair and 4 balloons. In our defense, we were in Akron on December 25th and between work, adjusting to her new school and traveling, the days slipped by way too fast. Kennedy had her 4 month well checkup and is doing great! She is in the 40% for weight (never would guess that with those chubby cheeks!) and 90% in height. We are truly in love with this little girl. I've always loved her but going back to work full time has really, really made me love her. The first two weeks were a little overwhelming and quite busy as we tried to adjust and create a new norm for the three of us. However, I can honestly say that after 2.5 weeks, we are doing pretty well! We have an excellent routine and I really think it is the simple things like this that bring peace and happiness to our lives. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who really is the most amazing father I could ever imagine. He truly is a partner in this whole parenting adventure and gives way more than just 50%. Nick wakes up Kennedy every day at 7am. He changes her diaper and hands her off to me for her first feed. He then makes me a chai tea latte and packs Kennedy's bag for the day. I get her dressed and the two of them walk out the door by 7:35am. Nick calls me after the drop off and our work day begins! Everyone asks, is it hard leaving Kennedy during the day? Absolutely. No question about it. But, Nick and I continue to agree that we are doing the right thing. I enjoy my job and am even more excited about my career path as my management training progresses. Nick has found a career that maximizes his strengths and talents. I've never seen him more energized, enthusiastic and optimistic about his work. Kennedy is adjusting well to Montessori. I know this sounds crazy, but even at just 4 months old and 2.5 weeks in, we can see her development progressing. I really think there is something great about surrounding her with other babies and teachers that are so focussed on them and their individual growth. We even receive a monthly newsletter from her teacher, Valerie, sharing with us the books, songs, crafts etc that the babies will learn and do throughout the month. We love it. So, our lives are much different this year in 2013 than ever before but we wouldn't have it any other way.
4 Months and a few things to remember...
- Giggles - they are the cutest thing I've ever heard
- Smiles - Kennedy will smile at just about everyone
- Spitting up - may be getting better but she still wears a bib every day
- Rolling over - BOTH ways! Well, almost. Kennedy's arm gets stuck as she rolls from back to front. She has rolled over multiple times from front to back but it's still unpredictable when she's going to do it!
- Sleeping - 11-12 hours/night. Best. Baby. Ever.
- Napping - not so great since the start of Montessori. I'm trying to be patient and let her adjust but 2.5 hours doesn't cut it when she's used to 5!
- Babysitters - Kennedy does great and we do have our favorite!
- Tummy Time - Kennedy loves it! She can also push her chest off the ground a little.
- Sitting Up - sooo close but not quite there on her own.
- Solids - not yet but thinking about rice cereal.
- Baths - Loves it! Moved into the full baby tub and not the sling.
- Thumb - has almost replaced the pacifier. So cute.
- Hair - She lost all of it except a little mullet in the back. It has finally started to grow back just this week.
- Chubby Cheeks - could they be any cuter?!
| Valerie sends me pictures of Kennedy at school! |
| First Class Photo - Hilarious |
No comments:
Post a Comment