Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mr. and Mrs...

Last Wednesday Nick and I made our way to Akron to partake in the long awaited wedding week for Jen and John.  This was our first time back to Ohio since our move to Arkansas and also our first time seeing Jen and John since the move.  What a weekend!!  PERFECT is really the only way to describe it.  I will start with the wedding details because that's what everyone has been asking about.  First and foremost but to no surprise, Jen was the most beautiful bride.  The ceremony was at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, reception at Portage Country Club and Sunday brunch outside at the Hilton.  Lolly the Trolley, The Paul Otten Band, a horse and carriage, Swenson's late night food, LuLu Lemon Jackets....all were highlights of the weekend.  To prevent from writing a novel, I won't share all the memories, but one of my favorites was the song Jen picked to dance to with my Dad.  She started with a brief introduction with the background of why this dance would be so perfect for the two of them.  As many of you know, our Dad is quite handy and can make, fix, hang, build and design just about anything.  Having two girls, I think he knew he had to be creative for us to learn even half of his man skills.  The answer - Jen and I grew up thinking This Old House was the cartoon every other kid in the neighborhood also watched on Saturday mornings.  And so, Jen and my Dad danced to the theme song of This Old House.  It was awesome and completely surprised my Dad.

The other PERFECT part of the wedding weekend was our chance to spend time with family.  Mom, Dad, Sister, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, second cousins, in laws, second aunts and uncles... (without getting out the family tree, I can't keep up with the official description of the Freygang clan), friends and neighbors.  As we've shared with you before, the hardest part of our move to Arkansas was not having family even remotely close by.  This weekend was just another example of how much we appreciate and love the quality time of family and friends.  

On Sunday, while Jen and John packed their bags for St. Lucia, Nick and I packed our bags and headed back to Arkansas.  While I still haven't perfected the "goodbye"  without a few tears, we left knowing Jen and John had the most perfect weekend celebrating their new beginning as Mr. and Mrs. Young.  






















1 comment:

  1. It was a perfect weekend because you and Nick were there! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete