Our FIRST visitors!!!!! Last weekend my parents made the trip to Fayetteville for thier first visit and introduction to Arkansas. We were so excited to see them and show them around. Until this point, we could only describe what NW Arkansas had to offer and despite our best efforts through Skype, my parents (or should I say my Mom) was very anxious to see our new home. With camera in hand, I met them at the airport late Friday afternoon.

The weekend was full of great food, cocktails, shopping, rain and even a house project. My Dad's favorite part of the weekend was most likely the wine bar, where he enjoyed his 1 oz pours from the automatic wine dispensor. We had a fantastic dinner on Bordino's patio and were so grateful we had nice weather and sun one of three days! After walking through the farmer's market with umbrellas on Saturday, my Mom and I went shopping at the local boutiques while Nick and my Dad worked tirelessly on a house project. You're probably thinking, aren't you renting?!? Yes, despite the fact that we are indeed renting, my Dad couldn't resist installing an automatic switch for the outdoor lights. I told him, Nick is my automatic light switch but he insisted. On Sunday, we attended St. Paul's Episcopal Church which felt just like Akron, choir and all. My parents left on Monday morning, begrudgingly without Jack, but with plans to return in July for less rain and more sunshine! We miss them already.
 |
| Wine Bar! |
 |
| Dinner at Pesto |
 |
| Nick's replacement - the automatic light switch |
On Tuesday, Nick and I got to enjoy our first Razorback Baseball game from a suite! It was quite a different experience this time around compared to the hog pen with the frat boys. We actually sat with the Dad's of three of the starters which not only led to some great conversation but also got us on tv!
 |
View from the suite
|
Thursday night we had our first visit to the Walton Arts Center. It was awesome. P&G sponsored the evening with a pre and post cocktail party and dinner. It was our first time seeing Les Miserables and while Nick may have enjoyed his intermission drink more than the first act, we really enjoyed the evening.
It's been a hectic week for both of us, both personally and professionally but we are loving every minute as we continue to exerience our life in Fayetteville. Tomorrow brings our first crawfish broil or is it boil? Who knows, but I'm sure I will find out. I'm also not so sure I will be partaking...
No comments:
Post a Comment