Sunday, August 19, 2012

"They" call us full term!!

37 Weeks and loving every minute of it!  I've just completed my first week of maternity leave and am still enjoying every day to the fullest.  I know the countdown is on and so we are really trying to maximize our time as the two of us before Baby Spicher arrives!  Here are a few highlights from the week...

37 Weeks and headed to the Miranda Lambert Concert!


1. Mornings with the Today Show Crew.  I've especially enjoyed Kathy Lee and Hoda during the 10am hour!  Now, if only I could enjoy a glass of wine with them every morning....3 more week

2. Weekly Doctor's Appointments.  I'm sure we've mentioned this before, but Nick and I LOVE our OB.  Nick has been wonderful throughout this entire pregnancy and joins me at every appointment.  At first I never thought we'd be "that couple" but I absolutely love it.   The clinic I go to has over 8 or so physicians, but Dr. Partridge (aka Paige) agreed early on to that we could see her exclusively and not rotate through docs at every appointment.  We think this fact alone has drastically enhanced our entire pregnancy experience.  Not only is it great to see a familiar face every time we go into the office, but we really feel like we've gotten to know her.  I swear we spend 10% of the visit talking about this baby and 90% about Nick's latest adventure or serving as each other's travel agent.  Our hope is that she may just like us so much, she will come deliver our baby even if she isn't on call.  Wishful thinking I'm sure, but we're still hopeful!  As of last week, our trips to Park Hill will be weekly.  Last Wednesday the 15th, I was 1.5cm dilated and Paige said this baby's head is really low.  We should have a better idea of timing based on this Wednesday's appointment and if there has been any progression...I'm still hoping for a September Birthday!  We had an ultrasound too but the baby is so scrunched in there that it was hard to see a lot.  The tech did predict that OB is currently 6lbs so if we make it full term, we can expect a 7.5lb baby (of course, I know this is a major estimate and never really correct!)

3. Nursery.  Our chair arrived on Friday afternoon and our nursery feels almost complete.  All we are missing is our "pop" of color which can't be added until Baby Spicher makes his/her debut!








Jack loves my time home the most!!

About 91 weeks of pregnant ladies in this picture at the Miranda Lambert concert (from left to right Jessica is 20 weeks, Lindsay is 34, and I'm 37)





No comments:

Post a Comment