Sunday, October 30, 2011

A LITTLE FALL FUN

I spent the majority of last week in New Orleans for  a work meeting.  Great Food?  YES!  Good Meeting?  YES!  Great Sleep?  NO!  So, by the time I walked in the door Friday night I was more than ready for a relaxing weekend.  Nick had dinner waiting for me (a chicken salad upon request given how many croissants, beignets, and fried goodness I consumed in New Orleans).    On Saturday, Nick went on a ride with his early morning crew while Jack and I slept in and caught up on our sleep.  (When doesn't Jack need more sleep?!?)  We watched lots of football, attended our first Saturday night service at Fellowship, found an amazing sushi restaurant, enjoyed the great weather outside and  carved our pumpkin just in time for trick or treat tomorrow night.  We have no idea how many kids will come knocking on our door but are excited nonetheless.  While dressing up is one of my least favorite things, trick or treat and pumpkin carving rank pretty high on the Fall must do list.  I also tried a recipe I found on crockpotgirls.com....taco stew.  Nick described it as chili meets tortilla soup!!










Our Pumpkin!  I still haven't figured out how to take great night pictures that aren't blurry...more lessons needed.

Taco Stew (with ground turkey of course!)


YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment